Sometimes Rich volunteers me for bake sales or photographing the summer fair and then other times he asks me to help him with a maths themed playlist. Never a dull moment…
March 14th is generally celebrated as Pi Day, it’s more popular in the States but Rich’s school takes the opportunity to celebrate an informal ‘Maths Day’ and he came up with the idea to have a maths/numbers themed music playing during lessons. He also thought it would be a good idea to have snacks so I made sugar cookies in the shape of numbers. There was a lot of cookies but I had a new playlist to get me through.
I wasn’t going to share, however when I mentioned a maths themed playlist at work they were all for it and we’ve listened to it twice in as many days to figured why the hell not.
Our maths playlist
All songs feature numbers or maths themes, such as shapes.
- …Baby One More Time by Britney Spears
- It Takes Two by Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock
- Three is a Magic Number by The Jellydots
- 4 Minutes by Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake
- Mambo No. 5 (a Little Bit of…) by Lou Bega
- Six by Six
- 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton
- 2 Become 1 by Spice Girls
- Summer of ’69 by Bryan Adams
- 99 Red Balloons by Nena
- 1,2 Step by Ciara and Missy Elliott
- Shapes of Things by David Bowie
- I’m Gonna Be (500 miles) by The Proclaimers
- 1999 by Prince
- Two Can Play That Game by Bobby Brown
- A Million Love Songs by Take That
- Sunny and 75 by Joe Nichols
- American Pie by Don McLean
- 5,6,7,8 by Steps
- Year 3000 by Busted
- Disco 2000 by Pulp
- 22 by Taylor Swift
- Circle of Life from The Lion King
- One Jump Ahead from Aladdin
- Zero to Hero from Hercules
World Maths Day is 15 October, so save the playlist for later and let me know which songs you’d add in the comments!